Judit Somlai M.D.
Selected Works of Judit Somlai
Is there any correlation between Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension with
Papilla Edema & Intracranial Venous Disorders?
(OBF Summit - 1st Ocular Blood Flow Summit 2019,
Rigi Kaltbad, Switzerland, 2-5 September, 2019)
Ocular Stroke as a Precursor of Stroke - a Book Planned
Table of Contents
Editors: Judit Somlai, Tibor Kovács
(Springer Publishing, 2016)
Book Review by Prof. Neil R. Miller
Book Review by Prof. Josef Flammer
Book Review by Prof. László Csiba
expansion of the indication
clinical - medicinal treatment
Secondary Opticopathy (prechiasmal, non-genetic) disorders group
(Congress of the Hungarian Society of Ophthalmologists
Szeged, Hungary, 2018.05.31)
Are there correlations between Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension (IIH) with
Papilledema and Cerebral Venous Circulatory Disorders?
Budapest, Hungary, 2017.09.12)
The 9th World Congress on Controversies in Neurology (CONy)
(Budapest, Hungary, 2015.03.26 - 2015.03.28)
• Is there any correlation between idiopathic Intracranial hypertension (IIH)
with papillaedema and intracerebral venous circulatory disorders?
• Why are vascular optic lesions in the focus of neuroophthalmology?
Whether or/not :NA AION is either a part of stroke or a cerebrovascular disorder?
Is the etiopathomechanism of NA-AION the same as that of the Small Vessel
Disease (SVD) of the brain?
• Therapies of Non-AION (ocular stroke) based on etiology specific
What kind of therapy is suggested ? Which specialist should treat these patients?
TRAUMATIC OPTIC NEUROPATHY (TON): When? How?
Mono and/or combined therapy? Traditional and/or surgical treatment for TON?
(International Neurotrauma Society, Annual Congress
Budapest, Hungary, 2014.03.19.)
4th World Congress on Controversies in Ophthalmology (COPHy)
(Budapest, Hungary, 2013.04.04 - 2013.04.07.)
• Non-Artheric Idiopathic Optic Neuropathy (NA-AION) - recommendation: systemic
• Idiopathic Intracraniale Hypertension (IIH) & Venous Stenosis (VST) -
diganosis and medication
• Traumatic Optic Neuropathy (TON) - recommendation: combined medical treatment
• Ocular Myasthenia Gravis (OMG), as a part of Myasthenia Gravis (MG)